Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Maisie on the sofa

Click to bid
Maisie on the sofa
Maisie says "This isn't what I had in mind when you promised me lots of walks today, to make up for yesterday when you left me on my own for three hours...  sigh....  you think I'm going to pose for you now? ... Well I'm not, I'm going to get up right now and turn around so that my head's pointing in the other direction - ha! ... see what she makes of that after she's already sketched in my outline - sigh - this will probably take ages... when will I get my walk...  yawn, quite comfy actually... did someone say beach? No? Oh...  that painting of Charlie with a pain au chocolat finishes it's auction tonight .... why is he allowed to sit on the table anyway? Can you imagine the trouble I'd be in if I sat on the table? Grrrr ..... who would want a painting of HIM?! Ridiculous! Cats are not worthy of being painted...  cats are not worthy at all....  snooze..."

6 comments:

  1. who was it said you shouldn't work with animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Fluid and loose and a gorgeous palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting! I like the way you just suggested the blanket/sofa/cushions and left the background showing through. Your drawing of Maisie is very good and full of personality. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I've just realised I find it hard to stay loose with a really small painting, and I think that's why I am pleased with this one. I have this tendency to tighten up and 'finish everything off' when working small!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful painting. Animals can be very awkward when you try to depict them, almost as if they don't want you to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this one! The restful dog and the soft blues--lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...