Monday, July 30, 2012

Art in the Open

Here I am in Ireland for the Art in the Open plein air festival! Am hoping I can blog while here although I've been trying to send this for the last hour and a half with no success yet!
Last few days I've been packing and travelling and I arrived here last night in time for the welcome meeting in Wexford. What a friendly bunch of people! There are artists here from all over the world and the organisers are super.
We were painting in Inistioge today (pronounced Inish-teeg) and were extremely lucky with the weather as you can see- had sun most of the morning! By three o clock though the sky had clouded thickly and by 5.30 the rain started!
I attended a workshop with Michael McGuire about painting moving water and we all set up to paint next to this bridge.
This afternoon I found this family having a picnic by the riverside. I could have done with a bit more time but I think I got the impression. It didn't take the children long to spot what I was up to and they didn't sit down again, they were more interested in watching me painting than being in the painting!
I've looked at the weather forecast for the rest of the week... and I really wish I hadn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...