Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sketching workshop

Milly aged 7


Milly aged 14


Sketch from Staithes



Today was my drawing and sketching workshop and I would like to say a huge thank you to the fabulous Hare and Hounds pub in Fulbeck for accommodating all eleven of us for the whole day when we found ourselves unexpectedly locked out of the village hall! Please eat at the Hare and Hounds whenever you are passing between Grantham and Lincoln - you will love it! 
Thanks also to Pipa for providing quick poses when we were working on gesture drawing - which was the highlight of the day! We also did a little line and contour drawing, tonal values, notan sketches, upside down drawing and gridding! 
I had a ball yesterday looking through my old sketchbooks, they are such a treasure! Especially lovely to be able to see your children when they were little, there is nothing so tender, so personal, as a drawing.
Tomorrow I am going to be painting antiques... watch this space, as they say! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful drawings, with such a decisive black line! I love the one of Milly as a 7 year old- and all the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great workshop. Milly aged 14 looks just like you, Haidee! Beautiful beautiful sketch from Staithes, and a Britannia teapot. I love them all. And aren't you lucky to have such an obliging pub. Wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbi! I was a bit panicked when I couldn't get in to my venue, let me tell you...!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...