Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hook head - horizon

Hook head
Oils on canvas 12" x 16"

I've been on the computer for about 24 hours (not quite but feels like it!) designing a 'self-publish' book of my latest paintings. I'm hugely excited about it and I think it's going to look great. It's 100 pages long and I've included all my favourite paintings from 2012 so far, plus it's absolutely littered with inspirational quotes about painting and life! I can't share details of it with you yet until I've received an actual physical copy to hold in my hands and see that it's as fantastic as I hope it will be!

I'm also working on two current portrait commissions so I can't show you pictures of those until completed.
I can show you this however! I painted Hook Head back in summer in Ireland with my new friend Lori Putnam painting nearby.
I was really happy with it as it was my best painting of the week but one thing niggled me - the wonky horizon line! Today I finally got around to fixing it, I don't know how hard I thought it was going to be exactly but it took me all of five minutes to sort it!

Before - with wobbly horizon! I'm using masking tape to make a straight edge

I'm off to London again tomorrow, handing in two paintings that have been pre-selected for the New English Art Club (do not hold your breath - I'm not!), and hopefully will be meeting with someone special...







3 comments:

  1. Une belle peinture...
    Je suis heureuse que vous ayez réalisé un livre photo... je suppose qu'il sera réussi.
    Il y a quelques années j'en avais fait 2 différents. A ce jour, je sais que je dois en faire un autre. Je suis un peu fainéante! Comme vous le dites si bien, cela demande du temps!
    Gros bisous à vos et bon voyage sur Londres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the masking tape! I'll be searching through my own to see where some could be applied. It was a beautiful painting even before the tape. Good luck with the New English Art Club!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...