Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pony in the snow

Pony in the snow

This is my fairly quick afternoon painting from Tuesday. The pony didn't stay in that position for long! And please don't think it has an odd shaped body - it was wearing a coat (sensible). This one and the chicken huts one were painted on the wooden panels primed with the clear gesso.
We are due more snow tomorrow. At the moment we have patches of ice that look like snow! I did get out painting for a couple of hours this afternoon but didn't get it finished. It might be worth me taking it back on site though, a railway cottage about five miles away.

I had a fantastic day in London yesterday seeing Ken Howard's exhibition. At one point I was sitting down talking to Ken and a lady came along with a self portrait that he'd done when he was 22 years old! It was wonderful to see! I have a photo but I'll need to seek permission before I can show it to you here. 


I've been burning the candle at both ends as usual so tonight I feel the need for an early night with a cup of hot chocolate and a few choice art books! 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful as usual! I love trying to paint snow scenes, and apparently this weekened is going to be a whiteout! (a bit worried about the possibility of burst pipes and other hazards!). I envy you living in London and talking to Ken Howard himself. I`d love to see his exhibition. Enjoy your hot chocolate, Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith! I actually live in Lincolnshire but only one hour ten minutes to London on the train. Hope your snow doesn't cause you any problems - keep warm! x

      Delete
  2. They look really good Haidee, I've never tried painting in the snow so I'm hoping we get some down here in Essex then I can try at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Paul! Wrap up really warm is my only advice - in particular you want warm feet and a cosy hat! :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the horse and his blanket. You've done the snow so well. I'm out looking for horses now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...