Friday, April 19, 2013

Sledging at Belmont tower



Sledgers at Belmont tower, Grantham
Oil on canvas 14" x 18"

Here's the studio version of 'Sledgers', starring my own son in the foreground! I hope you like it, it really pleased me to do it. I loved painting the original at the time, but I feel this is a better painting. I hope I have managed to keep the freshness of the plein air piece, I think I have. I was careful to keep the sketchy treatment of the figures. The nice thing about painting this version in the studio is that I could better consider where to place the figures.

The original version painted en plein air
Oil on panel 10" x 12" 

In case you missed it back then, this is the fun video of the painting day!

3 comments:

  1. J'aime les deux versions... Cependant dans celle que vous avez peinte en atelier me semble plus "mijoté" ! Il y a aussi le mouvement qui me semble plus présent. j'aime.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking good painting Haidee - much more resolved, but still retaining that painterly quality - top-notch kidda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...