Monday, May 20, 2013

Shrimp hut on Water Street

Shrimp hut on Water Street
11" x 14" Sold

I painted this one on my first day of the Forgotten Coast event, in Apalachicola. It rained the whole day as I recall, but we had a great spot to paint under cover, and this was my second painting of the event. I was delighted that this one sold in the wetroom. I feel especially happy when something sells which is not usually what you'd term a picturesque subject because it contains litter, trash cans, graffiti etc. It wasn't even pretty weather! I love to reveal the beauty in the unexpected. 
Here are a few progress shots from the day...









2 comments:

  1. I like the painting and especially like the first progress shot of the compositional block in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haidee.
    I like it very much. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...