Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fast, loose and alla prima!

The Artist August issue
The August issue of The Artist magazine (in the UK) is now out in shops, and in it I have an article on painting faster and looser with oils - alla prima or all in one sitting. Actually I say 'sitting' as a figure of speech, because I strongly recommend standing to paint!




You may recognise some of those paintings in the feature! Did you know that you can subscribe to this brilliant magazine even if you live outside of the UK and can't buy it in your shops? I have another article in the September issue on painting seascapes and plenty of others in the pipeline but of course it's not just me, the magazine is packed with artistic inspiration every month.
Take a look at the website for subscriber info by clicking here :-)

One of the other articles I did this year was on 'Finding your own style' and if you didn't have a chance to see it before you can read the whole thing online right here!

That's all for now, I'll be back to you soon to talk about studio paintings, and my part in a huge London event this week. Have a great day :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations... and a 'standing ovation'...
    or is it sitting ovation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, most definitely standing! :-)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy your blog and reading about your thoughts on painting, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cory, the next painting I'm going to post is from my recent Florida trip! Hope you like it!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...