Saturday, July 13, 2013

Portscatho harbour in evening light

Portscatho harbour, evening light

The short break in Portscatho resulted in four paintings, this one on the evening I arrived and then three on what was to prove the hottest day of the year so far!
The harbour here is so pretty and I adored the sweep of the hill and those white houses lit by the evening sun. Almost every house in Portscatho is whitewashed. Can you imagine how dazzling that can be on a 'blue sky' day?
Here are a few photos I took along the way...







And here's a snap of it in it's frame, white washed to match the houses and looking rather spiffing!


And all my Portscatho paintings as well as three of my Mousehole and two Sennen cove paintings are now available to buy from the beautiful Harbour Gallery in Portscatho :-)




8 comments:

  1. Great work, as always. I love how you include photos of your work in progress. Thank you for that. And the frame is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a wonderful time - lovely paintings. The link to the Harbour Gallery didn't work though - technical hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the stages in an artists workflow so thanks for posting these, very generous. You seem to get the scale of everything so deadly accurate in your paintings, something I still struggle with and I'm a draftsman by trade.
    Superb piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Glynn for your super comment! I have been drawing from life for 30 years now, I think that's what it is!

      Delete
  4. Here's the real link, Angela, www.theharbourgallery.co.uk, although Haidee's work can be seen on the new website which will go live next week. Here's a sneak preview: www.theharbourgallery.co.uk/wordpress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Will fix that link when I get back on computer :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...