Monday, August 5, 2013

Chasing Albert

Painting in situ Portscatho harbour
Another one from my Cornwall trip. This is Portscatho on the Roseland peninsular. I had to move halfway through the painting because I was roasting hot in the sun, even though it was evening and I had my umbrella set up! I kept thinking it would cool off and it didn't, so eventually I found a place in the shade lower down. Phew! It was a relief to get this spot and take my shoes off and finish the painting barefoot.
I don't have a very good photo of this one because I framed it and left it in the gallery within a few hours of painting it :-)

It's called 'Chasing Albert' because I could hear a child calling the name Albert over and over again. Eventually I discovered that Albert and his sister were swimming in the harbour, and it was little brother standing on the jetty doing all the shouting!
Albert and sister made it into the painting.

Chasing Albert
Available to buy from the Harbour Gallery :-)

1 comment:

  1. ...and it's taking pride of place on http://www.theharbourgallery.co.uk/project/haidee-jo-summers/ page and in our gallery window. Just love this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...