Thursday, January 16, 2014

Exhibition portraits day seven

Roger
I hope this isn't feeling too much like groundhog day for you! It was another fun day in the gallery in Nottingham with lots of fab visitors and again a very patient model who was often left waiting while I wandered around chatting or handling sales. It surprises me every day that the portrait gets done at all, it's as though it paints itself as I spend more time away from the easel than with it.
Here I am with brush poised chatting to my friend artist Mo Teeuw while Roger waits patiently. Thanks for the photo Gail Tointon, lovely to meet you at last today. 
It was also great to meet Facebook friend artist Jocelyn Roberts from Wales with her husband. My Mum came again too! As did Pipa and Katherine on their day off! And so many lovely others. Every day I have had exciting visitors and I can't wait to read the visitors book next week when I'm no doubt procrastinating instead of working on my accounts and tax as I should be. 


Chatting and painting!
Thanks for the photo Gail


Loose sketching in

Roger with his portrait



I'm sure Roger won't mind me telling you that he's recently had surgery on the eyelid under his left eye. I found the tiny nick and bright spot of red a fascinating addition to paint, but I didn't realise until Roger pointed out to me that I'd also painted some bruising that remains around the eye area.



1 comment:

  1. Well done Haidee, another stunning portrait, don't know how you manage to do these tricky paintings so well and so quickly, I am in awe! Wish I was nearer to come and visit your exhibition. I'm glad it seems to be a very successful one for you and wish you all the best for the rest of it.
    Love and best wishes
    Joy London x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...