Monday, May 12, 2014

Belton House fountain

Belton House fountain
Oils 16" x 20"

Here's a closer look at the fountain painting from last week. Despite the outbursts of rain I really thoroughly enjoyed painting this. I only live a couple of miles away so I can easily return here to paint the fountain again. Lucky me. Usually when I come here it's with the family at weekends and without my paints, so I will have to make another midweek visit.
We're having quite a lot of rain showers at the moment, with sunny intervals in between. I've got plenty to be getting on with inside but I'm keeping a lookout for a consistently fine painting day.

Here's a detail from the painting so you can get a better look at the brush marks. I especially like that squidgy turquoise stroke in the water section. 


Belton House fountain
Detail


1 comment:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Vous avez fait un excellent travail ! J'aime la manière que l'eau jaillit. L'harmonie de vos couleurs sont magnifique.
    J'espère que le soleil brillera et que vous pourrez prendre du plaisir à peindre à nouveau ce lieu qui me semble rempli de quiétude.
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...