Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Patchings festival taster

Montage of paintings to be shown at
Patchings Festival

It's coming up fast, the big fun event that is Patchings Festival. Always taking place at the beginning of June, this will be my third year as an exhibitor at the festival. This four day event takes place near Nottingham in the UK, and has so much going on with live demos by top artists, workshops and taster sessions, live music and all manner of arts and crafts. This year a photography element has been added to the festival for the first time. 

I thought I'd give you a sneak preview of some of my new paintings which will be on show at the festival and tell you a little about what's on offer there.
 
You won't want to miss the art materials marquee where there is always a bargain or two to be indulged in! The Barn gallery hosts The Artist magazine's annual competition exhibition which includes my painting 'Sails up in harbour'. The Pavilion gallery will show the Leisure Painter magazine's exhibition. Both exhibitions open on the first day of the festival, and both will be a really good show. The festival is a great day out but there's so much to do here you might want to come for two days or even three! Top UK painters Ken Howard RA and David Curtis ROI RSMA will be there, as well as many other of your favourite artists.

This year I will be doing a demo in the festival marquee on Sunday 8th June in the morning. Now this marquee is huge with hundreds of seats (really, hundreds) and big screens showing the brushstroke action up close so please try to come and watch me there! I will be very happy to chat for hours afterwards (you know me) ;-)


Plein air painting demo 2013

I will be giving plein air painting demos throughout the festival, weather permitting. It's not that I mind painting in the rain it's just there won't be anyone wanting to watch me if it's pouring down! Look at the gorgeous weather we had last year... more of the same please ...


My stand in the painters marquee last year

When I'm not doing my outside demos and Sunday morning demo I'll be here on my stand in the painters marquee which is just before you shop til you drop in the art materials marquee next door which includes Rosemary brushes, Pro Arte, Hahnemuhle, Terry Harrison and lots more.

You'll spot me easily enough, just head for the bunting and fairy lights!


One of my plein air demos at Patchings festival 2013

This is my other plein air demo from last year which shows the pretty farm buildings at the heart of Patchings art centre. This is where you'll find the Barn gallery, lovely Patchings cafe, individual studios and shops, art materials and picture framing. It's just down the hill from the marquees, but you'll be given a detailed plan and map on arrival so you needn't miss a thing :-)

The dates for your diary are Thursday 5th to Sunday 8th June. Find out more here

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,
    Je suis certaine que ce sera un évènement réussi et que beaucoup de visiteurs répondront présents à cette manifestation.
    J'aurais aimé pouvoir y assister et vous rencontrer... Je vous souhaite un vif succès et de belles rencontres.
    Merci pour ce joli billet accompagné de vos merveilleuses peintures. Vous êtes très talentueuse.
    Je vous fais de gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...