Sunday, May 29, 2016

Fishing clutter

Fishing clutter
8" x 6"

I was teaching a plein air painting weekend in Harwich with a really keen group and this is a demo painting of some interesting shapes and colours I spotted just along the road. It doesn't matter what the objects are, I neither need to know or name any of those items. I just need to find the shapes fascinating so that I can enjoy the experience and show my excitement to the viewer of the painting. 

Luckily my group were happy for me to go on with it until it was finished as I was really involved and it would have been hard to tear myself away! 

I'll be teaching a plein air weekend at the Old Bank Studios in Harwich again next May, book a place if you'd like to join me there!

4 comments:

  1. I just love your paintings. In this demo you did(Fishind clutter) I especially like the green grass on the left of the painting. What colors did you mix to get this vibrant green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, thank you. I have used cadmium yellow lemon and blue-black to make the green, and a tiny touch of something warm to dull down this vibrant mix, such as transparent red oxide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...