Friday, November 11, 2016

Bonfire and drizzle

Bonfire and drizzle
Oils 8" x 10"

The next day couldn't have been more different, as we entered November. Dark, drizzly, grey and cold, but I headed out to the allotments to see what I could find.

The light was flat and uninspiring but the smoke from a bonfire caught my eye. I knew it would be a good challenge for me because the values were all very close and the colours desaturated. So I decided to embrace the greys and knuckle down to work, and was cheered to see a couple of chickens move into view. 


Making the most of a gloomy day!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how you've turned an ordinary scene into an interesting painting HJ. I'm a bit puzzled how your painting is attached to your easel - looks as if it's held at the sides with a couple of nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank, thank you for your comment. The painting is held in place with those two spring loaded clips. They are a special feature of the Open Box M.
    http://www.openboxm.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...