Thursday, November 10, 2016

Dahlias at the allotments


Dahlias and green shed
Oils 10" x 20"

The last day in October was unseasonably warm, like a mini heatwave. I went out to paint hoping to find either a pumpkin patch or some dahlias, aware that autumn was passing me by and I hadn't been outside to paint for a couple of weeks. 

I didn't find pumpkins but I was rather pleased to see this colourful display of dahlias. The arrangement of the flower bed and the long shed behind did seem to suit a longer format and luckily I had this 10" x 20" board with me, not a size I usually carry around.


I've attached a few photos of the work in progress below -












2 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    C'est vraiment très sympathique de partager avec nous l'évolution de votre dernière oeuvre.
    Je suis en admiration devant votre travail. Une belle harmonie de couleurs.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...